Tuesday 25 August 2009

A Love Affair with My Hammock

Yes, today. Yes, for more than an hour. I had a stupid’s night sleep last night, and it hit me at 4:00 p.m. today.  Peter was leaving for what? Soccer (Gasp! Shocking, I know.)!

So I went full-throttle. Grabbed the Zune (yes, I am the ONE person who owns one), a quilt and a pillow and headed for the yard.

Yes, it’s absolutely WRONG that I am using the word ‘quilt’ in August, but I was really trying to protect myself from the bugs that enjoy sucking my blood.

The I remembered – it’s dragonfly season – which means mosquito season is on a significant decline. This small revelation, along with the fact that I was looking at my roped target as it practically glowed in a warm patch of sunlight.  Definitely no bugs. Not even a deer fly

And the next thing I knew Peter came to kiss me before he left and gave me a push.

When I woke up it was an hour later and there was a mosquito on my forehead.

And that’s where the love affair ended.