Friday 15 August 2008

If You Ever Went Away - John Michael Montgomery Video

Hi friends-

My long-time friend Monty Devita is a ridiculously talented guitar player and song writer. When he finally got his act together and got to Nashville from California, things started happening for him.

Below is the new John Michael Montgomery video, If You Ever Went Away. Monty is the bass player in the band scenes - he's the tall good-lookin' one, rockin' his geeeTAR.

I shrieked like a freak when I saw him on the screen. This is HUGE.

And for those of you who know me and wonder at the connection, Monty is Kathy Weatherwax's brother, and used to be the boyfriend of another long-time friend of mine - Jeanita.

While Jeanita dated Monty,  I tagged along with her to all of his musical gigs, most of which involved Silver Creek, the band he played in a gazillion years ago - man, those were some good times, my friend. Don't care if I was a groupie by definition. I made some lifelong friends during that time.

Enjoy the video - I am beyond excited for Monty, and also a big fan of John Michael - it's good to hear some new stuff from him.

YouTube - If You Ever Went Away