Sunday 20 September 2009

Why Do Friends Disappear?

I’ve always wondered. How someone can be so important in your life for so long and then just fade away, no matter what you try.

Ever wonder about those friends? I know – there are life changes, and life happens, and kids and busy schedules and all, but to completely let a friendship slip away is just a shame, you know?

Even with Facebook, I can’t seem to connect. I feel almost like a stalker, like I’m trying to connect with someone who sees me as invisible, so I’ve given up.

I know they’re happy – and Lord knows I’m happy, so I guess that’s all we can hope for our friends, right?

When you love someone unconditionally, you can wish the best for them, no matter what. No matter what they think, or why they don’t want to be in your life anymore.

Even if it hurts, even if you don’t understand why – it’s okay to let go. Why beat your head against a rock, you know?

I am so blessed and so grateful that I have so many wonderful friends. I guess my story with this friend is finished though, that whatever purpose God had for our friendship has been completed.

And that just makes me sad, because this person was so dang important to me, no matter how far apart we are.

Live well, my friend. Know that I will always wonder why we drifted apart, why the communication just stopped. But more importantly, I want you to live your life to the fullest and complete whatever destiny God has in store for you.

I will never feel anything but love for you, because you were such a very important part of me.

Hug your friends, people. You never know when they will take a different path in life that doesn’t include you.

And be sure to embrace the new things that are given to you. You also never know where your next best friend could come from!