Monday 7 April 2008

We're BACK!

And I have stories, of course.
Went to a fabulous mall. . . it has a TIFFANY's! Sigh. Nordstroms, Lord and Taylor, so many fancy stores I was actually intimidated. Spent most of my time in the Sephora store - my girlie dream with all the cool and pretty makeup!

Better still, Mark Twain has a house in Hartford Connecticut, where he spent 17 years of his life with his wife and daughters, and I took the tour. It's the very house where he wrote his most amazing works - Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, The Prince and The Pauper, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court, as well as some Mississippi River Tales and the Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.

To stand in his study and know that he smoked his cigars and wrote there. . . .wow. It was really cool.

Also received my very first fan mail today - and at the bottom was a job offer for more food pushing! LOL!

More later.
J