Tuesday 12 September 2006

A Crazy Week to Come

Well hello, Party People!

Saturday's party was a screaming good time. There were about 50 people, and the weather could've been warmer, but we all had a good time.

Our hosts cooked a hip of beef and had two kegs of beer and a live band. Yeah, that's a party. The best part was drinking too much rum and being brave enough to hook up my friend Muffin with a stud named Mark with the deep and dreamy eyes.

Sunday was a waste of alternating whines and moans because my liver was upset with me. I took a long walk in the sunshine and cringed when I received a message later that afternoon that our hosts of Saturday were ready to go again on Sunday and wanted our help to finish the keg. Yeegads!

Since I am on the lightning track to 41, call me a woos, but I can't handle this crap two days in a row anymore. I called Kim and begged off. It was a shame, really, because Kim and Dan are really cool people.

Maybe next year y'all can come!

So it's officially 6 more shopping days until my birthday. Peter's daughter is turning 17 tomorrow, my buddy Lil has a birthday on Friday, and we're all headed to the cottage on Saturday for more liver abuse, lung abuse and digestive system abuse. Vocal chord abuse from Karaoke is also likely.

Pray for me, my friends. This old gal needs all the strength she can get. It all starts again tomorrow night with the Black Eyed Peas!

I've no deep thoughts today, nothing to make you laugh.

Have sweet dreams, have a marvelous Wednesday, and think of five things that you can be happy about today. If you'd like to leave that list here, well that would be just dandy.

Joyce